Thursday, September 23, 2010

Metropolitan Museum of art

                                               This is a picture of The Metropolitan Museum of art!


                      The Metropolitan Museum is an art museum located on the eastern edge of Central Park, in New York City,USA.This museum contains more than 2,000,000 works of art, divided into nineteen departments.The Metropolitan Museum of art was founded 1870 by a group of American citizens.The founders included businessman and financiers, as well as artists, who wanted to open a museum to bring art to the American people. The first time it opened was on February 20th,1872.I wrote about this not only because my passion is art but because this Saturday I'm going there. I know I will have a wonderful time!
For more information here is the museums website:http://www.metmuseum.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment