Friday, January 7, 2011

My great fishing trip!


As I walked toward the brand new blue and white boat sitting on the lake looking as new as a baby. Just waiting for us to hop on and take a ride. The aroma of fresh fish and lake water filled the air. My heart filled with excitment! I took a minute to notice all the the people swimming in the lake. "Vroom Vroom" the engine of the boat roared as i stepped on the boat.I grabbed my pole. It was an old little pole that had been used many times, I could tell by the deep scratches and faded coloring. Next I took my seat. We took off towards the middle of the lake. Once we reached the middle of the lake we let the anker down. Fist I grabbed a slipert slimy piece of bait that had a pungent smell making me hold my nose with one hand... and the bait with the other. Then I placed it on my hook.Then i held the pole with one hand and carefully kept letting the line down till I felt it plop on the bottom of the lake. Just then i knew it had reached the bottom. It is as silent as a tiger ready to catch its pray, while wait for someone to catch the first fish of the boat. Suddenly I felt a tug on my pole, then realized i had i fish at the end of my pole.Then it was like war between me and the fish as I pulled and it pulled. In a blink of an eye I took control over the fish and reeled it up. I snatched it off my hook and held it up as if it were a medal. I was so proud that i caught the first fish of the boat. I couldnt help but smiling. My dad said gob job and smiled too. The driver of the boat patted me on the back and held the fish in front of me, while my dad snaped a picture. "I will never foget this trip" I whispered to myself. After that everyone started to catch fish. By the end of the day tons of fish had been caught and the driver took us back. "What a wonderful day!" I said to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment